VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES AT WORLD MASTERS SQUASH CHAMPIONSHIPS 2012
• Would you like to get involved in a fantastic event?
• Have you got a passion for sport?
• Would you like to be part of the success of another major sport event in Birmingham?
Whatever your reason, your city needs you!
It’s a chance to meet some great people, gain some invaluable experience and be part of something special.
There are a number of different roles so definitely something for everyone! Some roles will need little or no experience while others may be better suited to people who have volunteered on previous events. Either way we’re sure that we can find a role to suit you. Have a look at the roles available:
• General Club Volunteers – To help with housekeeping, keeping areas tidy and making sure refreshments are kept topped up throughout.
• Car Park/Transport Volunteers – To manage car parking, making sure there is no over spilling and to advise of additional/residential parking. Co-ordinate shuttle bus.
• Result Runners – To collect results from the referee as the game finishes and return to the tournament desk.
• Courtside Volunteers – To keep ‘current’ and ‘next match on’ boards updated, to help keep courts in good condition sweeping and cleaning when necessary.
• Tournament Desk Volunteers – To help Tournament Desk staff with signing players in, helping with information regarding shuttle runs, club layout, match times, when and where next matches are being played etc.
• Photography Volunteer – To help with Squashsite during the event collecting photos and uploading to site
• Transportation Support – Assisting with arrivals and departures at the airport
• Airport meet & greet – To help with airport arrivals & departures
• Accommodation Meet & Greet/ Welcome Desk – To meet players and offer help with general info and welcome to the club
• Glass Court Volunteer Team – Co-ordinate matches taking place on the glass court and ensuring the surrounding area is managed, meet and greet players prior to matches
Friday 20 July 2012 – Friday 27 July 2012
Volunteers must be 16 or over and available to volunteer for at least 4 days of the event. Every volunteer will receive a T-Shirt to wear and will be given lunch for each day they volunteer.
To apply complete the application form located on this page or contact Gary Yates via email@example.com