World Number One to Make Special Appearance at World Masters
England’s James Willstrop, the current World number one, will be showcasing his skills with an exclusive exhibition match during the 2012 SUBWAY World Masters Squash Championships.
Willstrop will be taking on Indian number one and World number 25 Saurav Ghosel on Saturday 21 July in what promises to be a spectacular evening of world class squash in the Bramall Auditorium at the University of Birmingham.
James Willstrop is one of the most naturally gifted sportsmen and is currently in the best form of his life, a run of three back-to-back tour victories at the end of 2011 saw him reach the number one spot for the first time.
A Shot and A Ghost, the proclaimed autobiography documenting a year in the life of professional squash player James Willstrop will be available to purchase all week, with the opportunity to meet James and get a copy signed straight after the exhibition in the Bramall auditorium.
The exhibition is open to all players, family and neighbouring clubs and players, entry is free and doors open at 7pm. There is no need to pre-book, just turn up on the evening!
The exhibition is part of a full social calendar for competitors including:
• Friday 20 July – Opening Ceremony in the Great Hall at the University of Birmingham
• Saturday 21 July – Exhibition match – James Willstrop v Saurav Ghosal
• Tuesday 24 July – Social Evening hosted by the ESR Masters Committee
• Friday 27 July – Closing Ceremony at the ICC in Birmingham
• Other Functions / Evenings – the venues will also be providing evenings for you to attend so watch out for details as they are made available and publicised
Visit www.squashworldmasters.com for more information."